About DCIOur History
Established by Ray Duggins in 1961, Duggins Construction Inc. quickly became one of the elite construction companies in the Imperial Valley. Built on ethnic, hard work and quality the company came under the leadership of Ray’s son Jim Duggins. In 1987 Jim Duggins became the president of DCI. Jim began to promote the company in the Imperial Valley as a commercial construction company and began to build commercial and industrial projects. In 1985 Russell Roben and Mike Mordah became part of the team and made the construction division stronger. In 1988 Oscar Grijalva came on board which brought the development of our Design Division. Today, we are commited to uphold the values established by our founder Ray Duggins.
- 1961 DCI Founded by Ray Duggins
- 1970 New Staff: Jim Duggins joins the DCI Team
- 1985 New Staff: Russell Roben joins DCI
- 1987 Company Changes: Ray Duggins retires and Jim Duggins becomes new president of DCI
- 1988 New Staff: Oscar Grijalva joins DCI and establishes an "In-House" Design Department
- 1993 Promotion: Russell Roben becomes Vice-President
- 2002 D&R Supply: DCI founded D&R Supply, a building material supplier
- 2007 Busy Year: In 2007, DCI had several key events. Oscar Grijalva became General Manager and construction of our new facility in Imperial was completed.